Sunday, September 5, 2010

Home Safe and Sound

My Last day was by far my wettest, I woke up around 6 and looked outside at pouring rain and strong winds. A few hours later is was still pouring but the wind was starting to slow. Just after 10 I made my move towards home. It rained hard for the first 3 hours and I got a lot of odd looks from passing cars. I even had an interview with NBC Storm centre. As I approached Robinston, Maine the skies parted and Geoff Slater met me as we catwalked our bikes for a few hundred meters before clapping our tired together blades of steel style before we continued on towards home. Just after we met we saw St.Andrews from across the water. It was only a mile or two away by water but still 20 or more by bike. The weather became warm and sunny as we came to the boarder and Patrick met us. The last few miles were really great and the amount of relief when I came into town was wonderful. I was so happy to see friends and just ride down the front street. My mom had made a big dinner for my arrival and we sat around with friends and enjoyed a great night before going into town.
The trip as a whole was fabulous, my bike didn't let me down at any point of the 796.7 Miles (1282 km) and I received so much kindness from so many people. Thank you to everyone that helped me along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment