Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 1 complete

My first day on the road has come to an end, it was far shorter then some of the days that I will have in front of me but an accomplishment none the less, especially after my day yesterday. Yesterday camp happy times came to an end, it was a great week but I was happy to be leaving camp and starting a new adventure. On route to db's house I found out that he was at the hospital with his grandmother and I wouldn't be able to stay with him. I then got the car Service that I was in to take me to a cheap hotel db had found for me. I arrived to find the dirtiest hotel I've seen. The people staying there were terrifying, I did not feel nervous about any of the places I visited today but last night I was. I asked if he would take me somewhere else. He thought it was a good idea and brought me to the first person I thought of; Matt from CHT. Matt, was a great host and even drove me to new Brunswick this morning. Db met me at city hall for my send off with some members of the community. it wasn't raining when I started but it didnt wait long. It might have been 30 minutes in total that it didn't rain in the whole trip. The total journey today was around 35 miles. I have purchased better rain gear for the rest of my trip. It's calling for rain the next two days.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Evergreen Dr,North Caldwell,United States

1 comment:

  1. what an adventure! just keep plugging away in the rain!

    ReplyDelete