Friday, July 30, 2010

From New Brunswick to New Brunswick in a Kilt

I will embark on two grand adventures in the coming months and ask you for some support. The second trip will be starting in September and will be done through Canada World Youth and will consist of volunteering for three months in each; The Kim Boi District of Vietnam and Powell River, British Columbia. Canada World Youth is a non-profit non governmental organization that allows young Canadians the opportunity to become more actively engaged global citizens through travel and volunteer work. This program is funded in part by the Canadian International Development Agency. The "In part", part brings me to my first adventure.

To take part in this valuable program each individual must raise at least $2800 to help mitigate costs that run in the neighborhood of 17-19 thousand dollars. In order to raise this money I will bicycle from New Brunswick, NJ to St. Andrews, New Brunswick after the completion of my contract at Tyler Hill Camp in Pennsylvania. As a member of the Off Kilter bike team I will complete the journey in a New Brunswick tartan kilt. The journey is approximately 1019km (633 Miles) according to google maps. I am calling the trip "From New Brunswick to New Brunswick in a kilt so I can volunteer in Vietnam and British Columbia", kinda rolls of the tongue eh? Any amount of financial assistance would be greatly appreciated, for Canadians I am able to provide tax receipts for donations over $20. If unable to send money, kind words or advice are also greatly appreciated. You can donate online though this website or by sending me a check or money order that is made out to Canada World Youth. My home address is 332 Brandy Cove Rd. St.Andrews, NB E5B 2L3. Thanks very much.

Love and Kind Regards
Brendon Chrus

No comments:

Post a Comment